The health and proper care of the nails contributes to their strength and radiant appearance. The health of nails depends to a large extent on nutrition. Nails need various vitamins and minerals to stimulate their growth and strengthening. Some of these substances cannot be obtained with food in sufficient quantities, so we must take them additionally:
- Biotin - vitamin B7 favors the growth of nails and the metabolism of amino acids that build the proteins needed to give them strength. A study conducted with 35 participants showed that daily intake of 2.5 milligrams of biotin per day, within 6-7 months, contributed to nail fungus in 63% of participants. Biotin deficiency is a rare condition. This vitamin can be obtained in sufficient quantities from meat, eggs, dairy products, fish, nuts, seeds and avocados.
- Iron is important for the production of red blood cells, which ensure the delivery of oxygen to the tissues, even to the nails. In case of iron deficiency, insufficient supply of oxygen is also observed. Iron deficiency anemia leads to the appearance of longitudinal furrows on the nails. Eating foods rich in vitamin C increases iron absorption.
- Magnesium is involved in the production of proteins necessary for nail growth. Vertical nail furrows can also be caused by a magnesium deficiency.
- Omega-3 fatty acids effectively hydrate the nails, giving them a radiant look and strength. These fatty acids reduce inflammation in the nail bed, which nourishes and promotes the health of the cells that make up the nails. The lack of Omega-3 leads to dryness and increased brittleness of the teeth.
- Vitamin C is a key element in the synthesis of collagen , a protein that gives shape and strength to many tissues, including nails, hair and teeth. Lack of vitamin C leads to increased brittleness and delayed nail growth.
- Zinc is needed for many processes in the body, including cell growth and division. Nails are made up of cells that grow and divide rapidly. Insufficient intake of zinc leads to degeneration of the nail plate, which can lead to the appearance of white spots on the nails.
Post a Comment